Monday, February 8, 2016

Questions and Answers: Getting To Know Me

Below are questions I have taken from several memes. I hope that they will reveal a bit more about me. ^_^


Name: DarkRegrets and I also go as DarkSolace.

Age: In my late twenties.

Favorite Colors: Red, Pink, Mint;

Meaning behind your username: It comes from my time on neopets and my...well...emo (?) phase that went along with it in high school! One of my neopets usernames was darkfairy something-or-other, and I tagged it onto regrets because I did have many at the time. I think it was fairly applicable to my uncertainty about leaving behind high school and going into university, leaving behind many so-called "friends"; it stuck as I progressed a year or two. "Solace" only replaced "Regrets" a few more years down the line when I was heading away from my regrets and finding solace in my hobbies - but also in finding out who I am and what I want out of life. And here we are now.

Favorite music: I like a little bit of everything, but mainly classical music, rock, pop, and I like to listen to epic orchestra and/or opera music when I write (Two Steps from Hell are fantastic!). I also enjoy soundtracks from movies (like from Inception and Lord of the Rings) and several from anime (Death Note and Escaflowne, for example).

Favorite movies: I think that it's best to divide up this answer section!

Japanese animated films: The Vision of Escaflowne: A Girl in Gaea, Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Ghsot in the Shell, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time;
American animation: Disney's Mulan, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Oliver and Company, Aladdin; Balto; Anastasia; Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron, The Prince of Egypt;
Live action films: The NeverEnding Story, Ogniem i Mieczem (Polish "With Fire and Sword"), The Phantom of the Opera, Enchanted (Disney), The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, The Avengers (Marvel), Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Cinderella (live action), Daybreakers, Interview with the Vampire, The Sound of Music, Holiday Inn;

Favorite Books: Redwall series, Harry Potter series, Villains by Necessity, The Name of the Wind, The Catcher in the Rye, Steven Saylor's Gordanius the Finder series, Dragon Age lore books, The Alchemist, The Picture of Dorian Gray;

Favorite TV shows:
Live Action: Castle, Criminal Minds, Forensic Files, Scandal, How to Get Away with Murder, Rome (HBO), Jessica Jones (Netflix), Daredevil (Netflix), The Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead;
Anime: The Vision of Escaflowne, Death Note, Sailor Moon (original), Ouran High School Host Club, Fruits Basket, Card Captor Sakura, Yu-Gi-Oh (original series), InuYasha, Gundam Seed;
Asian Dramas: Boys Before Flowers, City Hunter, Vampire Detective, Beating Again.

Favorite Video Games: Dragon Age (Origins, 2, and Inquisition), Mass Effect (1-3), Fable series, Pokemon series, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Animal Crossing: A new Leaf & Happy Home Designer, Harvest Moon series, Rune Factory series, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The Sims;

Favorite Game/Comic/Film/Anime Characters: I have a long list of favorite characters (esecially from the Dragon Age series), but I've managed to narrow them down to my all-time faves:

Dilandau Albatou (The Vision of Escaflowne), Sesshoumaru (InuYasha), Chrom (Fire Emblem: Awakening), Steven Stone (Pokemon), N (Pokemon), Link (The Legend of Zelda), Alistair Theirin (Dragon Age: Origins), Anders (Dragon Age 2), Reaver (Fable series), Cullen Rutherford (Dragon Age: Inquisition), Wynne (Dragon Age: Origins), Leliana (Dragon Age series), Cassandra Pentaghast (Dragon Age: Inquisition), Dorian Pavus (Dragon Age: Inquisition), Garrus (Mass Effect), Daryl Dixon (The Walking Dead), Kylo "Ben" Ren (Star Wars: The Force Awakens), Mirai Suenaga (Culture Japan), Elsa (Frozen), Kero and Spinel Sun (Card Captor Sakura), L (Death Note), Yami Yugi (Yu-Gi-Oh), Seto Kaiba (Yu-Gi-Oh); Batman (DC), Spiderman (Marvel), Loki (Marvel), Black Widow (Marvel), Steve Rogers/Captain America (Marvel), Bucky/The Winter Soldier (Marvel), Matt/Daredevil (Marvel), Michonne (The Walking Dead), Carol Peletier (The Walking Dead), Vaughn (Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness), Lacus Clyne (Gundam Seed);

Favorite Animals: Dogs (Breeds being Doberman and miniature Poodle), Birds (Falcons, Eagles, Owls, Penguins and a variety of parrots - especially Cockatiel), Horses (Arab and Andalusian) , Alpacas, Wolves, Foxes, Lions;

Favorite Mythological Creature(s): Vampire, Pegasus, Unicorn, Griffon, Succubus, Dragon, Satyr, Elf;

Hobbies/interests/collections: I have chosen to divide up my answers into sections.

COLLECTIONS:
Dolls: Mainly ABJDs, Azone Pure Neemos, Azone Kikipops, Volks DDs, SMART Dolls (although I do get a Blythe, Silkstone Barbie, Monster High, or Pullip here or there);

Figures:  Funko Pop figures, Amiibo figures, Figmas, Nendoroids, Blind box figures (I also get a random figure from other figure brands if they catch my attention);

Miscellaneous: I collect a few of the newer Tamagotchis, Alpacasso plushies, penguin and owl plushies, cute stickers, Alphonse Mucha themed porcelain and prints, ancient Roman coins (mainly from the Augustan period), and cute stationary.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:
I obviously love to listen to music, I doodle once in a while, and I dabble in painting and customizing my dolls (and making things for them - like dioramas, jewellery, and props). I love needle felting. I enjoy photography, especially when I travel; I also enjoy photographing my dolls. I love reading, and I enjoy learning new languages (I speak fluent Polish and English, and have a good grasp of ancient Latin. I am currently working on learning Japanese!).  I love traveling and have been to many countries in North and South America, Europe, and Eastern Asia. I look forward to exploring many more countries, but so far my favorite places are as follow: Krakow, Poland; Tokyo, Japan; Vienna, Austria;  Rome, Italy; Boston and NYC, USA.  Last but certainly not least, I love writing stories! My main focus is fantasy and science fiction, but also historical fiction.






No comments:

Post a Comment